Rezenerate is a nano technology device that increases the efficacy of any product we use with it. This allows us to deposit product deeper into the skin. We can chose or mix something custom for your treatments to address your primary skin concern. We use Rezenerate as part of our treatments most when addressing pigmentation, scarring and skin laxity.
Is it painful?
It feels a lot like being licked by a cat. The tip is a hard and mountain shaped. It moves in and out at a high speed but does not break the skin.
Is there downtime?
Rezenerate can leave the skin pink. Depending on the products chosen it can leave some redness for about 24 hours. it is minimal and you can apply makeup to your skin immediately after the treatment to cover redness.
Are there special requirements for recovery from this treatment?
No, you will resume your normal activities. Your skincare therapist will provide you with personalized instructions after your treatment.
Microdermabrasion is a chemical-free, manual exfoliation of the skin that removes dull surface appearance and uneven texture on the face.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of microdermabrasion are minimized fine lines and wrinkles, smoother texture, a more even skin tone, and boost circulation which promotes new skin and collagen to form.
Is it painful?
Microdermabrasion is very minimally invasive and most people do not experience any discomfort. It is safe for the majority of skin types and colors.
Is there downtime?
There is no downtime for microdermabrasion. Most people go back to their everyday activities and can apply cosmetics right after this treatment.
Micro-current is a healing therapy which deposits a very low electrical current into your skin. This current allows cellular changes by releasing toxins and drawing moisture into the cell. We are able to target different depths in the skin including the surface skin, lymphatic system, muscle fascia and muscle.
This allows us to sculpt your face or body, treat acne, skin laxity, pigmentation, puffiness, and overall skin health. This is a safe and effective treatment that has been used for wellness for many years. Those with a seizure disorder, pregnancy, or a heart beat irregularities may not be good candidates for this therapy.
- What are the benefits? – that is immediate and cumulative. Micro-current is best performed in a series and monthly maintenance is suggested to maintain your results.
- Is there downtime? – There is no downtime with micro-current treatments. This is actually a wonderful treatment to have the day of or before an event to look your absolute best!
- Is it painful? – Micro-current is not painful. The body absorbs the current and you can experience minor tingling sensations which are not painful but are described as feeling active. When receiving micro-current near your eye area the optic nerve picks up the energy as flashes of light. This is not painful or damaging to the eye but is different that other treatments. When working on the lower face your saliva changes pH which gives you a slight metallic taste in the mouth. This subsides after the treatment and is not harmful to your teeth or mouth in any way.
- Everyone has a different level of current which is optimal for them. You should never have a painful treatment, we want your feedback to adjust the depth and intensity of the current. There is no “perfect” number. Over the course of a series of treatments most people will tolerate more current.
These proprietary probes are specific to Neurotris. They have 4 long prongs that allow for 8 contact points which look a little like a fork. These pico probes are special as they deliver a larger contact to the face allowing better results and delivery. The Neurotris device utilizes these probes along with a patented impedance technology which allows the best treatment possible. More contact points and less disruption of the current which equals amazing results!
These are special gloves that have conductive threads woven into them which allows them to be used for micro-current therapy. The current travels throughout the glove evenly allowing for maximum performance. This method of application increases the contact points allowing for a larger surface treatment per application. We may also use bare hands to transmit current.
How does micro-current plump lips? – Micro-current therapy creates plumper lips by isolating the probes around the mouth area. The muscles around your lips are stimulated and plumped by receiving more moisture in the cells. This is an immediate result lasting a few days and cumulative over time.
LED is a form of low level light therapy. We use red light LED, blue light LED, green light LED and infared LED to treat skin, and body in the appropriate levels to address inflammation, pain, and stimulate collagen.
Blue light is the most shallow and works well on acne. Red light is deeper working on wrinkles and near the areas in the skin that produce collagen and elastin. Near infared light works in the muscle to promote pain relief. LED is widely used in our treatments for skin and body. We consider it an essential tool.
Is there downtime?
There is no downtime with LED treatments.
Is it painful?
It is know to our clients as the “light nap”. It is very relaxing and effective therapy. A favorite in the studio.
How often should I have LED? It is best to expose the skin to LED regularly. Studies show exposure 3 times per week makes the most change in the skin.
Chemical peels are a form of exfoliation. Different acid bases are chosen depending on your primary skin concern. When the product is applied a chemical change takes place encouraging your skin to “peel” or shed.
- What are the benefits? – Chemical peels reduce fine lines and wrinkles, treat sun damaged skin, treat certain types of acne, improve skin texture, and improve the overall look and feel of the skin.
- Is it painful? – Most people tolerate chemical peels well. We custom blend our peels to minimize your discomfort. We address any discomfort by using a fan to accelerate the drying process which neutralizes the chemical alleviating any discomfort.
- Is there downtime? – The skin will often feel tight and dry for the first few days after treatment. On the third day you may experience peeling or flaking. A special routine for care after a peel is followed to minimize your discomfort. The peeling process can take up to 7 days. You should not pull or encourage peeling but allow it to happen naturally. You can wear mineral based makeup to disguise any uneven tone or texture during the process.
We use hand-crafted organically grown herbal products. All plants have a certain energy and action. We believe that this is an ideal way to topically manage skin concerns and provide an alternative to more medical-based treatments.
Some of our favorite herbs are native plants here in Charleston such as resurrection fern, grande flora magnolia, Spanish moss, and many others. We also utilize other energy modalities such as micro-current and LED to enhance, stimulate, and/or diminish certain things on the skin. A detailed consultation and treatment plan will be developed during your visit to choose your best solution.
These treatments are performed with the Neurotris micro-current machine. Pads are applied in any format desired to achieve stimulation to the skin, muscle, fascia, and fat layer. This allows us to smooth the surface (diminishing the appearance of cellulite), tone the muscle for a lean look, and give the skin a tighter appearance. We suggest you hydrate well prior to this appointment for best results. The treatment exchanges toxins for moisture so a well hydrated client gets better results.
Body treatments can be performed prior to an event such as your wedding in a series or for a big event. Most clients have a series performed and are so happy with the results they choose to maintain them with a monthly treatment.
It is not painful but very active. You will experience muscle contraction during this treatment.